Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Pretoria Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Head : Academic
Lecturing and academic delivery to ensure students are guided and supported in their learning to achieve module outcomes
Honours Degree / Masters in a design field, such as Multimedia Design, Game Design or Digital Arts with experience in 3D character animation.
An Honours degree in Digital Design/Media/ Graphic Design / Multimedia
An Honours degree in similarly related fields with creative development or a similarly related field to the third year level.
An Honours degree in similarly related fields with programming or a similarly related field to the 2nd year level .
At least 3 years industry experience, with a collaborative, cross-platform, multi-disciplinary approach to research, conceptualizing and crafting for various kinds and genres of digital games on both computer and mobile platforms. An aptitude for Design Thinking and Creative Strategy in relation to problem solving, preparing for action, critical engagement and decision making is a must.
Required to have a layered portfolio detailing ability to engage with the entire game design process. Experience in 3D character animation is essential. Computer literacy: experience in Misrosoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint required for academic administration and delivery. Good knowledge and proficiency of the Adobe Creative Suite as well as 3DS Max is a prerequisite.
Key Performance Area:
- Preparation and lecturing as per the Module Guide
- Teaching curriculum outcomes as per contract hours and stipulated per pre agreed timetable
- Briefing students for assignments and providing feedback
- Marking assessments and providing feedback
- Presenting class marks and feedback to the Programme Managers
- Actively engaging with current trends in teaching and learning strategies within The IIE VEGA environment.
Preferably equity candidate.