Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Durban Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Campus Head
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Co-Ordinator to join our Durban navigation team on a Fixed-Term Contract
- 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
- May be required to work outside the above working hours including Saturdays.
PR, Marketing or Communication qualification.
Recommended skill: proficiency in Adobe's creative software - specifically Adobe Illustrator, InDesign
- Well organised and able to multi-task.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fully computer literate with MS Office.
- Valid driver's licence and own vehicle (ideal).
Key Performance Area:
- Coordinate and update the campus event calendar, working closely with Campus Navigator and campus management team on the campus marketing and events plan.
- Coordinate logistical aspects of event* planning and on the day logistics, such as venue bookings, invitations, setup, signage, quotes, POs and payments, photographs, catering arrangements, break-down etc.
- Support the Campus Navigator in ensuring that health and safety requirements are factored into event planning, particularly if alcohol is served at the event.
- Adhere to approved event budget and PO process.
- Supply the national marketing team with a blurb and photographs from events.
*Events may include, but are not limited to: Advisory Council Meetings, Fresh Cream, Agency / Industry days, Bonfires, SLB / Student Forums, SLB student social events, Career and Industry Teacher Workshops, Open Days & Application Days, Vega Vibe, Gen V Workshops, Post Grad Evenings, HC to Degree Evening/Morning, Trailblazers, Midas touch / Vega talks, Portfolio Night, Brand Challenge, Brand Activation, Studio Week, Game/Design/Business Jams, Design, Graduation, Showcase, Navigator Workshops and others.
CONTACT NAVIGATION SUPPORT
- Ensure CN suitcases are stocked and ready for school presentations with all relevant items (Lead Cards, promotional items; banners).
- Update schools contact number list with names and numbers.
- Ensure that Fact Sheets are topped up and displayed neatly in the reception area.
- Ensure consultation bags are ready and stocked with correct items for interviews, consultations, or walk-ins.
- Prepare school drop off gift bags; gifts and collateral in line with Vega look and feel.
- Capture event lead cards on Excel for bulk upload such as RFR Leads.
- Receive and check marketing items that are received from national orders.
- Oversee campus marketing material stock around campus and in storerooms and request top up stock as required.
- Form part of the campus registration team during the registration period.
- Ensure student work is neatly displayed in campus passages.
- Relieve reception/frontline navigator during lunches or stand in at reception when the Frontline Navigator may not be available on the campus telephone tracing line.
- Print and or laminate specific campus posters/signage.
- Keep campus notice boards tidy and up to date.
- Assist the Wellness Navigator with campus and student initiatives.
- Provide general administration to support the Campus Navigator and Campus Co-Navigators (e.g. reports, workshop packs, preparing venues, keeping minutes of meetings, photocopies, printing and placing notices and posters).
- Campus Environment.
- Preferably equity candidate.