Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - National Office
Direct Reporting Line:Operations Manager
Provides ongoing academic operations, administrative and wellness support for online students across the programmes. Provides a supportive presence for online students and motivates engagement and ultimately retention toward a full qualification.
Preferably a postgraduate qualification but at least an initial qualification at degree level. (A qualification or a commitment to complete a qualification specifically in distance education is an added advantage
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English including the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders at all levels
Computer literacy at a confident level, including but not limited to, working on enterprise-level systems and with document management and tracking processes and systems.
Management and administration skills:
- Conflict resolution, mediation and cooperative communication skills;
- Student relationship skills characterised by tact and diplomacy with the ability to conduct tough conversations and manage students firmly;
- Interpersonal skills characterised by tact and diplomacy and an ongoing ability to participate effectively in a team that is spread across the country;
- Planning and organisational skills including the ability to manage own and others time and work.
Administration experience (preferably in an academic environment).
Strong administrative and organisational skills and a love for education.
Key Performance Area:
Liaison and counselling support to students.
Administration and recordkeeping.
Social and academic integration.
Alumni and internship management.
The position is based in Pretoria with one day at the Vega National offices in Sandton required. Online students primarily study after hours. The position requires availability to coincide with the online class schedule. Preferable working hours are 10h00 to 19h00 with flexibility required during peak periods. Own transport is required.
- Preferably equity candidate.