Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Pretoria Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Head - Academic
1. Lecturing of statistics module;
2. Marking of assessments and providing thorough constructive feedback;
3. Participation in the moderation process;
4. Intentional academic student support to ensure the academic success of students.
Any Honours degree with Statistics/ Mathematics up to the third year level.
- Honours in one of the Business related fields (e.g. economics, entrepreneurship, risk, supply chain or project management) with Statistics/ Mathematics to a third year level
- Bachelor degree with Statistics/ Mathematics or a similarly related field (e.g. entrepreneurship, risk, supply chain or project management) to the third year level PLUS either an MBA or a postgraduate diploma in business or education
Lecturing experience in Statistics/Mathematics.
Work experience as a statistician (e.g. STATSSA)/in a business related field.
Quantitative research with a strong emphasis on statistics.
Key Performance Area:
Deliver the module in such a manner as to achieve the stated subject outcomes within the assigned contact hours.
The assessment of student work within the stipulated marking and moderation cycle and provide constructive feedback to students and reporting any students concerns to the Student Relations Co-ordinator.
Class preparation and development of lesson plans in a constructivist learning approach.
Proactively participates in Vega events, such as Open Days, Graduation and others.
Arrange for the appropriate guest lecturer to support application to the world of work.
Operate in line with The Independent Institute of Education's (The IIE) policies.
Preferably equity candidate.