Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - National Office
Direct Reporting Line:Operations Manager
Manages and plans academic operations and student support to ensure efficiency and a customer service orientation on campuses.
Master's Degree is preferable. A Honour's degree is the minimum requirement.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written.
Analytical and problem solving skills.
Leadership abilities to guide, influence, motivate and develop staff.
Strong organisational, planning and time management skills.
A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in the tertiary education sector.
Key Performance Area:
Management of Academic Operations across qualifications and short courses, on full-time and part-time basis across modes of delivery (contact/online):
- Manages all academic administrative processes ie. registration, admissions, student orientation, assessment cycles, moderation processes, results release.
- Manages the implementation of graduation and certification requirements.
- Reviews and approves all national communications relating to academic operations before being rolled out to campuses.
- Manages phase-out qualifications, communication and tracking thereof.
- Manages escalated campus queries and make decisions in line with IIE policies.
- Manages the national student communication plan.
- Implements an annual student survey and provides recommendations to the national and campus teams.
Guiding Relationship Navigation and Student Support:
- Manages relationship navigation and ensures a strong customer orientation.
- Tracks and reports on student support initiatives ie. Academic Literacy Programme, Digital Competency Assessments, Numeracy Support Tutorials, Honours non-cognate workshops.
- Works with National Teching & Learning Manager to ensure that there is synergy between operational delivery and academic requirements of support initiatives.
Brand IIE Compliance Management:
- Represents the Brand on IIE Committees, e.g. Faculty Board, Academic Forum to ensure compliance of all IIE regulations on campus.
- Ensures that IIE requirements for sites of delivery are being adhered to on the sites, e.g. audit functions, compliance checks.
- Campus Environment.
- Preferably equity candidate.