Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Bordeaux Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Head - Academic
Lecturing and academic delivery to ensure students are guided and supported in their learning to achieve module outcomes.
- Honours in Communication Science
- Honours in Media Studies
- Honours in English
- Honours in Journalism
- Honours in one of the writing fields
- An Honours in one of the Applied Humanities fields with Communication Science up to third year degree level.
- An Honours in one of the Applied Humanities fields with Media Studies/Journalism in undergraduate up to third year degree level;
- An Honours in one of the Applied Humanities fields with Communication in undergraduate;
- BBK 4 year degree in Business Communication;
- BJourn 4 year degree in Journalism;
- Any other four year professional degree in a Journalism or any other writing field.
Lecturing experience in Communication Studies or Business Communication
Work experience as a journalist
Work experience in business writing
Work experience as a media liaison
Work experience in public relations writing
Work experience in corporate affairs writing
Key Performance Area:
Deliver the module in such a manner as to achieve the stated subject outcomes within the assigned contact hours.
The assessment of student work within the stipulated marking and moderation cycle and provide constructive feedback to students and reporting any students concerns to the Student Relations Co-ordinator.
Class preparation and development of lesson plans in a constructivist learning approach.
Proactively participates in Vega events, such as Open Days, Graduation and others.
Arrange for the appropriate guest lecturer to support application to the world of work.
Operate in line with The Independent Institute of Education's (The IIE) policies.
Preferably equity candidate.