Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Bordeaux Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal - Operations
To ensure an educational / social / personal / supportive experience for the students which maximizes his/her experience and development at Vega. To ensure completion of all student administration.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
Ideal: BA Degree in Business Administration / HR / Public Relations
Computer literacy - MS Office Suite
- Must have an understanding of higher education sector.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Service orientated.
- Display high levels of initiative.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently in a pressured environment and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and a love for education.
Minimum 2 years' administration or academic assistant experience (preferably in a higher education environment).
Key Performance Area:
- Manages specific student portfolio to optimise student experience.
- Primary contact person for all academic issues an allocated portfolio of students.
- Monitors performance of "at risk" and potentially "at risk" students to involve parents proactively where necessary.
- Refers specific student cases to wellness navigators for counselling, e.g. students handing in assignments late, absences.
- Builds relationships with students and direct them to the correct person to assist with either academic or emotional challenges.
- Facilitates the process whereby students adjust to the tertiary environment by coordinating student support services.
08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Must be able to work on evenings and Saturdays when required.