Direct Reporting Line:Campus Principal
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing co-ordinator intern to join our Pretoria campus.
- 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
- May be required to work outside the above working hours including Saturdays.
PR, Marketing or Communication qualification.
- Well organised and able to multi-task.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fully computer literate with MS Office.
- Valid drivers licence and own vehicle (ideal).
Key Performance Area:
- Coordinate and update the campus event calendar.
- Coordinate logistical aspects of event* planning, such as venue bookings, invitations, setup, signage, quotes, POs and payments, photographs, catering arrangements, break-down etc.
- Oversee campus marketing material stock and requests top up stock as required.
- Support the Campus Principal in ensuring that health and safety requirements are factored in, particularly if alcohol is served at the event.
- Adhere to event budget provided.
- Supply the national marketing team with a blurb and photographs from events.
- Co-ordinate events on the day, overseeing event set-up, welcoming guests, communicating with staff and vendors, and co-ordinating the break-down.
- Report to the Campus Principal on the events success and make recommendations for improvement.
- Form part of the campus registration team during the registration period.
- Ensure that all event elements are in line with the Vega brand look and feel.
*Events include, but are not limited to: Advisory Council Meetings, Fresh Cream, Agency / Industry days, Bonfires, SLB / Student Forums, SLB student social events, Career and Industry Teacher Workshops, Open Days, Gen V Workshops, Post Grad Evenings, HC to Degree Evening/Morning, Trailblazers, Midas touch / Vega talks, Portfolio Night, Brand Challenge, Brand Activation, Studio Week, Game/Design/Business Jams, Design, , Graduation, Showcase, External Events hosted on campus etc.
- Campus Environment.
- Preferably equity candidate.