Campus/Business Unit:Campus Navigator (Regional)
Direct Reporting Line:Campus Co-Navigators (Regional) Programme Navigators (National)
To lecture on the BA in Creative Brand Communications degree in the field Copywriting. Facilitating the development of students who are critical- and creative thinkers with industry-ready portfolios and nurturing a spirit of innovation, and inspiring great work.
An Honours- or a Masters degree in a creative field, such as Copywriting
- Creative and dynamic individual with a passion for education and innovation in design
- Someone who works well collaboratively and who sees value in the development of critical and creative thinkers in the field of Brand Communications specialising in Copywriting;
- Someone who can manage their own admin effectively
- A portfolio of work will be required.
- Computer literacy essential, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required for academic administration and delivery
- Knowledge in image, sound or video editing software an advantage.
- Fluency in at least two South African languages will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant education and industry experience, with a collaborative, cross-platform, multi-disciplinary approach to conceptualising and crafting for various kinds of brand communication, marketing and advertising.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years' experience as a writer in the creative brand communication industry e.g. production company; media house; advertising agency; in-house brand communication department, freelance writer etc.
- A relevant portfolio of work
- Should be passionate about teaching and should communicate with eloquence and coherence
Key Performance Area:
- Develop and deliver lectures on the degree programme in the field of Visual Communications specialising in Copywriting
- Ensure that students produce innovative and inspiring creative work that is both technically and intellectually sound
- Push students' critical, creative and conceptual thinking
- Work closely with the national Copywriting team in curriculum development in the interest of quality assurance
- Collaborate with navigators in other fields to achieve wisdomwithmagic
- Facilitate the development of industry ready portfolios
- Help facilitate the industry immersion process for exit level students
- Help facilitate both academic and real-life experience for students during brand challenges and brand activations
- Liaise with industry and conduct continuous research in order to ensure that the students will participate in- and contribute to the development of the brand communications industry both locally and globally
- Report back on academic delivery to Academic Co-Navigator.