Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Cape Town Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Managing Director
Strategic and operational management of the regional campus in alignment with Vega brand values to maximise profitability.
The Campus Principal leads key stakeholders and operations by managing the quality of academic delivery, sales and marketing, finance, HR, facilities and student satisfaction.
08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Honours Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience in the same or similar type/level position in a similar environment would be an advantage.
- Academic operations and general business acumen experience and exposure.
- 5 -7 years relevant working experience.
- At least 5 years managerial experience.
Key Performance Area:
Academic Management and support of Campus Personnel:
- Manages academic delivery by amongst other things meeting with the Academic and Operations Vice Principals to ensure that policies and procedures are being implemented.
- Works with Academic and Operations Vice Principals to improve on pass and throughput rates in line with set targets.
- Respond and resolve all escalated academic issues reported by the Academic Vice Principal that are related to stakeholder satisfaction.
- Manage the Graduate event.
- Meets with student representatives at student forums to address student satisfaction issues.
- Monitors the activities of the Student Liaison Body.
- Supervising the effective management of the continuous debt collection.
- Ensuring cost management within budgeted constraints.
- Management of annual budgets in accordance with future growth plans and responsible for achieving defined goals set.
- Manages cancellations of contracts by meeting with the parents/students and ascertaining why the contract is being cancelled.
Manage Sales and Marketing:
- Manages the sales processes (full time, part time and short courses) by checking the methods adopted to market the campus and whether targets are being met.
- Identifies medium and long terms growth opportunities for the campus.
- Meets with subordinates, discusses targets that need to be achieved daily, weekly and monthly, and checks the status on the activities.
- Oversees the campuses marketing activities to support growth targets.
- Manages the internal and external reputation plan.
- Ensures that the overall impression of the campus is aligned with the Brand promise and Campus Style Guide.
- Ensures that campus venues are used optimally.
- Manages the operation and security of computer facilities and checks that the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure is in accordance with policies and with the support of the regional Service Delivery Manager.
- Oversees outsourced contractors (security and cleaning services) to ensure that deliverables as per the contract are met.
- Oversees the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) compliance on the campus.
- Leads and manages the academic, support and other staff in the achievement of set objectives and targets by ensuring that the School is a high performing entity.
- Clarifies and sets academic, support and other staff roles and responsibilities and performance objectives.
- Manages and conducts performance reviews in accordance with policies and procedures and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Implements a management succession plan.
- Builds a pro-active environment where the academic and support staff are solution oriented and can take responsibility for results.
- Drives Employment Equity and supports the brand in meeting Employment Equity targets.
- Gives feedback to academic and support staff on performance and development.
- Manages Human Resource in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements, with the support of the National HR Manager.
- Campus Environment
- Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays when required
- Preferably equity candidate