Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Johannesburg Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal - Operations
Supports Student Relations Co-ordinators and Vice Principal - Operation with student administration.
08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Office Administration Certificate
Attention to detail
Must have an understanding of higher education sector.
Excellent time management skills.
Display high levels of initiative.
Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently in a pressured environment and meet deadlines.
Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
Strong administrative and organisational skills and a love for education.
- 2 years administration experience
- Administration experience in the higher education industry.
- Experience in working on a Customer Relationship Management software.
Key Performance Area:
- Maintain student files and any student correspondence.
- Ensuring that all relevant admission documentation is received and filed timeously.
- Regularly track outstanding admission documentation for all registered students.
- Maintain file security and keep an accurate register of file usage.
- Archive student files two years post student graduation.
SAM Administration duties
- Assisting in registering students in SAM and capturing/updating student details in CAMS.
- Basic data capturing on CAM (updating student information, account payer information especially during and after registration periods).
- Scanning admission documents for uploading into CAMS.
- Capture lecturer and venue information required for timetabling and set up lecturer evaluations each semester in CAMS.
- Download marks sheets from CAMS and timeously forwarded to the Student Relations Co-ordinator's as required per the assessment schedule.
- Upload mark sheets once populated by the Vice Principal - Academic.
- Calculate CASS and Final results.
- Compile and maintain international student file with copies of the student's passport, study permit and letter of application.
- Ensure that notice boards are kept tidy and up to date.
- Printing of Semester 1 and Semester 2 timetables and place outside each venue.
- Keep record of signed class registers/ attendance (IC Tracking).
- Setting up of venues during assessments under test/ exam conditions line with the assessment policy and procedures.
- Printing of seating plan registers that are to be placed outside of venue during test/ exam cycles.
- Printing Assessment Log sheets required for test/ exam session that are to be included with the invigilator pack.
- Photocopy replacement/ supplementary and practical assessments in line with assessment policies and procedures.
- Including printing of seating plan registers and Assessment Log sheets/ Invigilator reports.
- Maintain distribution registers of student academic material (reading packs/manual/guides and additional material).
- Track inventory levels of exam scripts.
- Support Student Relations Co-ordinators with assessments hand in process as required.
- Support Student Relations Co-ordinators during Moderation cycles (internal and external) with scanning/ couriering of scripts and projects where required.
- Invigilate test and exams.
- Printing of class lists and registers (for lecturers and for test/exam periods)
- Minute campus meetings as required
- Assisting Vice Principal - Operations with general admin during peak periods:
- Preparing for Open Days
- Campus functions such as: Registration, Parent Evenings, Portfolio Night/ Showcase, Brand Challenge
- Graduation cycle:
- Following up and tracking of outstanding documents.
- Uploading of relevant documents on CAMS Document Tracking
- Assisting with Graduation Preparations (Graduate Packs: envelopes and labels, printing of GR008 to be used at Graduation day)
- Assisting on Graduation Day
- The gathering of information for reports on request from National Student Relations Manager.
- Relieve the Receptionist when needed.
- Managing of Metrofile and storage of files to be archived off site.
- Campus Environment
- Must be able to work on evenings and Saturdays when required
- Preferably equity candidate.