Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Durban Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Principal - Academic
To manage the academic team ensuring good quality academic delivery to Vega students in support of the achievement of subject outcomes on campus. To provide teaching and learning support and assistance to the academic teamand to stand in for Campus Principal when need arises.
Working Hours: 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. Please note that you may be required to work outside of these working hours.
Post Graduate degree/diploma in Education (NQF level 8).
Lecturer at University level - 4 years.
Management experience - 5 years.
Key Performance Area:
- Conducts bi-annual peer reviews and student lecturer evaluations, analyses results and follows up appropriately.
- Develops and co-ordinates lecturer and student timetables as per the IIE qualification guide requirements.
- Oversees planning for and implementation of work integrated learning activities on campus.
- Ensures compliance with IIE policies.
- Develops and promotes a healthy academic Teaching & Learning culture and environment for staff and students.
Academic Research Management:
- Encourages and supports a research and academic development ethos amongst campus academic team through promotion of research opportunities identified by Academic Manager.
- Manages the campus academic team research approval and tracking process on the IIE Nexus system ensuring process compliance.
- Identifies research and publishing opportunities for lecturers.
- Advises staff and students of lecturers research and publishing achievements.
- Designs and implements the Student Orientation programme with support from the Vice Principal - Operations, Programme Managers and full time Lecturers.
- In conjunction with the Vice Principal - Operations manages biannual student/lecturer evaluations and provides feedback to the team.
- Together with the Vice Principal - Operations facilitates and chairs small group information sessions/focus groups to proactively address student issues arising.
Lecturer Leadership/ Oversight:
- Encourages and promotes research and academic development.
- Manages the process to identify and obtain guest lecturers as required.
- Ensures Lecturer workloads and deadlines are managed accordingly and comply with the IIE criteria.
- Co-ordinates and monitors Lecturer activities to ensure adherence to contractual hours.
- Designs and implements the Lecturer Orientation programme with the support of the National Academic team.
- Analyses lecturer evaluations by students and takes appropriate action.
- Conducts bi-annual peer reviews and provides feedback to Lecturers one on one.
- Develops Lecturer and student timetables as per the NNS, Sandpit and Portfolio models.
Human Resource Management:
- Initiates recruitment of new staff, conducts interviews, seeks CESM approval via APS and recommends appointments.
- Clarifies roles and responsibilities and ensures performance objectives are set and agreed, and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Gives feedback to staff on performance and development.
- Academic Lecturers (Permanent and Independent Contractor) report to Vice Principal - Academic.
- Working in a Campus environment.
- Preferably equity candidates.