Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Cape Town Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Campus Principal
To provide regional ICT Desktop Support (Level 100) to team members in order for each campus to maximise profitability.
Higher Certificate / Occupational Certificate Level 5 (NQF Level 5) / A+ / N +
Good interpersonal skills including willingness to assist, communication and follow up.
Computer literacy and systems administration.
Time management, organisational skills, willing to work flexible hours.
Initiative and problem-solving prowess.
Ability to cope in a pressured environment.
Internship for 6+ months
Key Performance Area:
- Desktop Support
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritises logged requests for assistance from users requiring assistance with catalog of services requests.
- Logs and tracks calls using incident and problem management database provided through the service desk.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation and follows up on routine user problems, referring more complex problems to the campus Senior ICT Support.
- Software and Hardware Installations and Support for Software and Hardware Installations
- Installs desktop and laptop computers for use on campus with the relevant authorised software and completes the relevant documentation.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives.
- Sets up and support for boardrooms or for training use.
Conducts regular testing of the video conferencing and information technology equipment and fixes any problems with this equipment.
- Information Technology Administrative Functions
- Liaises with service providers on information technology equipment and repairs and maintenance thereof.
- Administers assets by updating the hardware and software asset register that includes asset disposal.
- Administers licensing in the software license bank.
- Maintains the information technology store room, server room and office by keeping it neat and tidy and free of any health and safety risks.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Campus Environment.
- Preferably equity candidate.