Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - National Office
Direct Reporting Line:Brand Accountant
To assist Brand Accountant to meet outcomes, to maximise Vega School profitability.
Diploma or short course relating to finance
Computer literacy- MS Office
Knowledge of creditors and debtors administration and basic bookkeeping.
2 years relevant experience in an accounts department.
Key Performance Area:
1. Administer full creditor's function. This can include but not limited to the following:
- Obtain source documents, capture data on the system and reconcile accounts (weekly and monthly)
- Ensure timeous payments
- Resolve creditors queries
- Obtain vendor forms and load vendors onto the system
- Complete credit applications
2. Comply with policies and complete the debtors process and procedures. This can include but not limited to the following:
- Collection of all arrears ensuring that all accounts from 30 to 120 days are dealt with.
- Following the collection process by ensuring that once an account reaches 60 days the debtor receives the notice of suspension and suspension letters.
- Following up on all payment arrangements.
- Capturing and reallocation of payments daily from the bank statement.
- Receipting of all payments i.e.: cash, credit card and cheque.
- Resolution of queries i.e.: refund request, credit and debit notes, billing of manual invoices, ABSA correspondence done timorously.
- Banking of cash and cheques received.
- Monthly statement runs to ensure that proof checking, printing and posting done.
- Assisting with Registration duties during the registration period for students.
3. Assist the Finance team. This can include but not limited to the following:
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the national finance team that falls within the capabilities of the employee including but not limited to HR admin, audit file preparation, travel bookings.
Will work in an centralised office environment.
Preferably equity candidate.