Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Cape Town Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal - Tertiary
The purpose of this module is to provide students with an introduction to programming through the use of an object oriented programming language relevant to the gaming industry. It provides students with the basic building blocks required for game programming.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the introductory concepts in object oriented programming (OOP) for game development.
- Apply the introductory concepts using the appropriate OOP language to develop programs.
- Develop solutions using an OOP language to code and build graphical user interfaces.
- Communicate information accurately and effectively.
- An Honours degree in Information Systems/ Computer Science.
- An Honours degree in similarly related fields with programming or a similarly related field to the third year level.
Lecturing experience in programming.
Work experience as a software developer/ application developer/ programmer.
Key Performance Area:
Preparation and lecturing as per the Module Guide for Game Development 1A.
Teaching curriculum outcomes as per contract hours.
Briefing students for assignments and providing feedback.
Marking assessments and providing feedback.
Presenting class marks and feedback to the Programme Managers.
Actively engaging with current trends in teaching and learning strategies within the Vega environment.
- Campus Environment
- Preferably equity candidate.